REAL ESTATE AUCTION
to be held on site
@ # 222 Fagan Lake Rd., Maberly, ON
from the village of Maberly take the Elphin-Maberly Rd. & turn onto Fagan
Lake Rd. (Auction Signs)
on Wed., Aug. 27/14 @ 6 pm
~ 130 Acre Farm. Log House w/ New Addition ~
Featuring 130 acres (+/-) w/t natural road severance forming 2 lots. Seated on the wonderfully private 100 acres (mix of field, pasture & bush) is a deceivingly large c1863 log homestead w/ rechecked exterior (‘13) & new 2008 addition. The homestead features an oversized, enclosed porch, a 3 seasons sun room (2 yr Selkirk chimney), a large open concept family room & study, an eat-in timbered kitchen w/ Regency airtight wood stove, a laundry room & 3 large bedrooms (up). All new upgrades to the homestead in ’09 (propane furnace/ductwork, generator hookup panel, owned elec. water heater, patio & porch & in ’13 windows & doors). Quality inclusions (4 appliances & 2 Regency airtight wood stoves). Open-air patio overlooks the above ground 24’x4’ pool, pool house, green house, potting & tool sheds, log barn, stunning parklike perennial gardens, year round creek & sweeping views of your property. The new addition boasts a large living room, a 2 pce bath, a huge, attached, screened-in porch for relaxed family gatherings or sleeping, a full basement w/ Regency airtight wood stove & a new propane furnace in ‘13. High speed internet. On well & septic. Natural road severance to the 30 acre parcel of land supports 2 ponds (1 dug, 1 natural) & possible building site potential. Yearly taxes $1200.00 (+/-). Fantastic buying opportunity for family living/granny suite, ATVing, hunting or for nature enthusiasts, severing/selling, building &/or rental. Excellent long-term investment. For private viewing, terms & conditions, please call our office at 613-267-6027.
Auctioneers & Qualified Appraisers
Jim & Trevor Hands: The Voices of Experience
Phone: (613) 267-6027 www.jimhandsauction.com
- Legal Description – Concession 9, west half of Lot 18, Tay Valley Twp. 100 acres on North side of Road & 30 Acres on South Side of Road. 222 Fagan Lake Rd, Maberly, ON K0H 2B0
- Double road entrances to house
- Original name of farm – “Pastoral Acres”. Sign was at roadside but is now located on pool house
- Meaning of pastoral (especially of land or farm) used for or related to the keeping or grazing of sheep or cattle. Or, pastoral, a work of literature portraying an idealized version of country life.
- In the West front field there is a Treehouse
- Hydro One has a signed document to do Forestry Maintenance Work Fall 2014
Original Home & 1st Addition
- 2000 – 100 amp service was installed (knob & tube removed).
- 2003-2005 Addition of family room, study, 4 pce bath, screen porch
- Small vegetable garden on site
- Bell Sympatico high speed internet & telephone
- Shaw Direct Satellite Service
- Inclusives – fridge, stove, washer dryer, 2 Regency wood stoves (WHET certified), 1 full cord fire wood, outdoor all-weather art & whimsical decor
- 2 Regency airtight wood stoves heat the house & addition burning approx. 6 to 8 cord wood.
- outdoor tap on front corner of screened in porch & several exterior plugins
- C02 & smoke detectors are new & working
- Well was drilled by Jerry Thompson (Westport) & septic installed by same in 2001. Septic (Class IV conventional) and is pumped yearly. Propane – Levac Propane furnaces serviced by Brankins Chimney Sweep – serviced by Cleansweep
- Built by Halliday Home in 2008 with full basement.
- Handmade cedar log railing
- Outdoor tap