We are pleased to offer for sale this immaculately presented Victorian property in a highly sought after location at # 3560 Franktown Road, Perth, Ontario only 3 miles to Perth. For private viewing, terms and conditions, please call 613-326- 0461.
Contact Us Newsletter Signup
Antique appeal meets modern conveniences in this third generation, Victorian period, double bricked farmhouse. Also featured is a picture-postcard cabin, built in the 1800’s and ancestral to the current family. Plus a 36 ft x 28 ft bricked car- riage house plus a 75 ft. x 40 ft steel clad building plus a 17 ft x 24 ft finished steel clad office.
Home and buildings are located on a surveyed 4.08 acre parcel of land.
- legal description Concession 2 Pt Lot 10 RP27R672 Part 1 RP27R7579 Part 1.
- having 457.51 frontage on year round maintained paved road x 391.06 feet depth
- Zoned RTEP residential & XTN commercial
- Annual taxes $4268.17
- Plus an adjacent approximate 3.5 acre (+/-) lot
- Surveys available on both properties
The 1860’s log homestead was occupied until the bricked home was built in 1906. The family then took up residency into the Victorian homestead. The log cabin became the ice house until refrigeration was brought into the home. The log house was renovated and utilized as a Bed & Breakfast (Lantenonie Rest) and currently serves as a garden or meeting house . The decorated Christmas log cabin has been featured on post-cards.
The double bricked house features both formal and kitchen entries. The front ve- randah remains shrouded, in the summer, with Dutchman’s pipe vine. The main level features a parlour, a dining room, a country kitchen with adjacent pantry, a summer kitchen (now a family room), an office and combination laundry/3 pce bathroom. There are 2 large attics and a cellar. Once there was a side entrance to the summer kitchen which presently is represented by a false porch. Rear en- tries are through the office or laundry/bathroom. An adjacent porch and pergola “house” a hot tub and sitting area. The second floor has 4 bedrooms plus 1 four piece bath. The property is landscaped with maple, lilac and producing apple trees. Vintage peonies, bellflowers, lily-of-the-valley and numerous other peren- nials of our settler’s days still grace the homestead. The property boasts two very productive vegetable plots.
The Front Vestibule
- larger entry often used for extra seating and visiting.
- transom over entry door used to provide extra lighting.
- original solid pine front door.
- ornately carved ceiling medallion to compliment a hanging lamp.
- ornately carved centre staircase with top and bottom newell posts.
- 2 sets of original large doors (1 set is bi-fold). Most early Victorian parlour doors remained closed for weddings, funerals, clergy calls and to keep the cold out of the rooms but now these fancy Victorian doors remain open to present a social face to friends and neighbours when they visit.
- combed graining on the original floors.
- architectural woodwork & trim work remain intact throughout the parlour and adjacent dining room. All door mouldings, doors, windows and baseboards have original graining intact in these two rooms.
- a heavier wallpaper resembling damask adourn the walls.
- long and lined drapery dress the two bay windows.
- 4 original wall sconces (lighting) remain intact.
- original carved ceiling medallion enhance the ceiling.
The Dining Room
- conveniently located between and adjacent to the parlour and kitchen.
- original built-in cupboard with etched glass cupboard doors.
- a third fancy, carved ceiling medallion.
- original bi-fold parlour doors.
The remaining woodwork throughout the home has been professionally refinished.
The Large Country Kitchen
- has 7 doors (1 entry, 1 to the front vestibule, 1 to the cellar, 1 to the dining room, 1 to the pantry, 1 to the summer kitchen, 1 to the back stairs).
- pine wainscoting complete with moulded chair rails.
- transom over the entry door.
- back stairs remain un-treaded as they were the most often used.
- dishwasher included.
- conveniently located adjacent to the kitchen and dining room.
- oodles of cupboards for baking supplies, small appliances, pots and pans.
- recycle & compost bins.
- extra sink.
The Summer Kitchen/Family & TV Room
- this room was built as an add-on in 1932 and renovated in 1991.
- warm pine woodwork and exposed bricked wall.
- has a fabulous view of the sunset.
The Laundry Room/3 pce Bathroom
- houses large counter, upper and lower cabinetry, shower, toilet, laundry sink, washer & dryer hookup and upright freezer space.
- door to clothes line, hot tub and rear yard.
- large computer workstation area, ample cabinetry and filing drawers.
- high speed internet
4 Second Storie Bedrooms
- all original pine floors, doors, woodworking and door transoms throughout.
Second Storie Bathroom
- 4 pce bath
- 200 amp service.
- Newmac side-by-side F/A oil/wood furnace (new 1998).
- new stainless steel chimney liner installed (1998).
- on good 80 ft well.
- submersible pressure pump.
- soft water system.
- owned hot water tank (new 2012).
- cellar walls and 2 attic floors – spray foam insulated (2009).
- Echoflo septic system installed (Nov. 2009, cost $19,200.00).
- new steel roof on entire house (2000).
- new thermal pane windows throughout (2005).
- Newmac fire box re-lined (2013).
Steel Clad 75 ft x 40 ft Metal Roofed Building (new 1985)
- 100 amp service.
- concrete floor.
- not heated
- 1 overhead door.
- 2 man doors.
- new florescent lighting installed by Ontario Hydro incentive in 2012.
Steel Clad 24 ft x 17 ft Steel Roofed Office Building (new 2010)
- heated and air conditioned.
- 60 amp service.
- completely finished building including cherry finished cabinetry, filing drawers, computer workstation and phone jacks.
Solid Brick 36 ft x 28 ft Carriage House with Steel Roof (new 2006)
- 100 amp service.
- 210 and 220 volts.
- concrete floor.
- 2 remote controlled overhead garage doors.
- 1 man door.
- workbench and cupboards.
- airtight wood stove included.